Monday, December 04, 2006
(click image for larger view)
Click here to purchase these (and more!) ACEOs at my "Small Works" Etsy Shop!
($3.00 USD ea.)
* * *
ACEO -- What's it all about?
Good morning, class! Today, we're going to learn about ACEOs.
I knew you would be!
* * *
Pop Quiz! (relax, it's all multiple choice)
1. ACEO stands for:
a. Allergic Cats Eat Oranges;
b. Albanian Cars Emit Oxidants; or,
c. Art Cards, Editions and Originals
2. There is only one "rule" for creating an ACEO. This rule is:
a. An ACEO must be bigger than a breadbox;
b. An ACEO must smell like a field of freshly mown hay; or
c. An ACEO must measure 2.5"x3.5"
3. ACEOs are considered to be:
a. Just one more burden on an overtaxed society;
b. All fun and games, until someone loses an eye; or
c. Highly collectible, miniature works of art
4. If you see an ACEO created by W. J. St. Christopher, you should immediately:
a. Contact Homeland Security to report dangerous use of color and form;
b. Call your psychiatrist -- you're obviously hallucinating; or
c. Buy the ACEO, immediately, before someone else grabs it!
~ Quiz answer key ~
1. Correct answer is c. Who really cares if cats are eating oranges, anyway?
2. Correct answer is c. Freshly mown hay? Hear me wheeze.
3. Correct answer is c. Starving artists are a burden on an overtaxed society. I'm offering you an opportunity to alleviate that burden.
4. Correct answer is c. This has the potential of being a two-fold success story: you own a fabulous, tiny work of art (or two, or three), and I (honestly) earn some fabulous, tiny money! (Refer to answer #3, above.)
* * *
If you answered all four questions correctly, you're a winner!
If you chose any incorrect answers . . . for pete's sake -- refer to question 4b, above.
* * *
Hope you're a little warmer today, Dr. John, in spite of my continued creative hustle!